Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing color does not work in Illustrator

New Here ,
Feb 12, 2023 Feb 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

Suddenly I started to have a problem with color changing. I've checked files 100% times, it's in CMYK, no presets are installed. BUT when I am trying to change, for example, a white color as C0 M0 Y 2% K0 – it's changing again to C0M0Y0K0.

I don't know what's going on but it's not my only problem with Illustrator today.

Another problem is that I am saving a PDF with layers and when you're opening it somewhere in Windows (because the technical printer is working under Windows system) it's merging in 1 layer.

I am so confused today

Is someone knows what to do and how to fix that?

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 13, 2023 Feb 13, 2023

These settings should not convert anything automatically.

Please turn on all the "Ask" checkmarks. Now when there are different color profiles, Illustrator will warn you and perhaps this will help with finding the cause.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 13, 2023 Feb 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your second problem shows that you are in Isolation mode, use Escape to get out of Isolation Mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was just for showing an example. Like how do it looks like in Windows system since I don't have Windows and can't do a screenshot. But anyway - all 4 layers merges in 1 in Windows. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure that the Windows AI version is the same as yours.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, will transfer this to my boss. Thank you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At which point in your workflow does the color change?

As for the WIndows thing. You have the same version on Illustrator on the Windows PC?

In that case package your AI file, so everything goes with it and then open the AI file on WIndows.

In case you want to use the PDF: you won't be able to edit it in WIndows. Unless you embed an AI file in it by checking the option "Preserve Editable file" in the PDF option. But then maybe your forget the linked images, so packaging is better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the color changing it's happening when I changed color, doing something else and than - I am coming back to that file and the color changed like it was before me changing it. Like literally 1-2 min after and I did nothing to that file – I saved it after changing color and closed. When we're opening this file - it's like it was never edited by me :(((((( 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This sounds like you have color management set up in an unsuitable way and then Illustrator converts color profiles.

Can you show us your color settings?

And also: which color profile is embedded in the file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2023-02-14 at 10.05.20 AM.pngScreenshot 2023-02-14 at 10.06.02 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These settings should not convert anything automatically.

Please turn on all the "Ask" checkmarks. Now when there are different color profiles, Illustrator will warn you and perhaps this will help with finding the cause.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay, will try to do that! Thank you for your help!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines