• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing properties of several layers simultaneously.

Enthusiast ,
Aug 29, 2022 Aug 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started out with 74 rectangles, all in one column, arranged in rows and columns. Each square has a different fill color. I then put each rectangle in a separate layer. However, they're still arranged in rows and columns.

The artboard measures 1000 X 50. I want to change every rectangle to match - 1000 X 50 px, with a 2px black border.

Is there a way to select all 74 rectangles and change them to 1000 X 50 px simultaneously, or do I have to do it one at a time?

TOPICS
Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Aug 29, 2022 Aug 29, 2022

Object > Transform > Transform Each will do this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Aug 29, 2022 Aug 29, 2022

Use Object >> Tranform  >> Tranform each, If they are all the same size.

Then align to artboard and center, or align spacing set to 0, depending on if you have one artboard or 74 artboards.

If they are not all the same size you can center them all on top of each other. Object >> Path >> Average. Hollow arrow tool select a corner, then move to edge of artboard, and repeat for all 4 corners, 

If am misunderstanding what exactly you have, post a screenshot, and mark up in red if needed that oft

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Object > Transform > Transform Each will do this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Global Edit may work as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use Object >> Tranform  >> Tranform each, If they are all the same size.

Then align to artboard and center, or align spacing set to 0, depending on if you have one artboard or 74 artboards.

If they are not all the same size you can center them all on top of each other. Object >> Path >> Average. Hollow arrow tool select a corner, then move to edge of artboard, and repeat for all 4 corners, 

If am misunderstanding what exactly you have, post a screenshot, and mark up in red if needed that often helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for all the tips. I wasn't aware of the Transform Each command; it works great.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines