• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing same stroke color of multiple objects deletes the fill color...

Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After selecting Same Stroke Color, it selects multiple objects, some grouped, some not grouped, many have different colored fills. Then I change the stroke color of the whole group and it deletes the fill colors of all objects involved. This never happened before the latest update. I'm on a Windows 10 machine running Illustrator 25.3.1 (64-bit). This was a normal process that is integral with the type of work I do and going through each artwork to individually select objects is not an option as some have hundreds of parts. This has happened with many different files starting yesterday and needs a fix not a workaround.

Any ideas?

Please and thanks.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 4 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Aug 02, 2021 Aug 02, 2021

The update to 25.4 solves this problem. Check if it is already available in your region, it should appear in the CC app.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Hi all, 

We have tried to address this issue in our latest release v25.4.1. Please update Illustrator to the latest version to get this fixed.

Please feel free to reach out if you still need assistance, we'd be hapy to help. 

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 02, 2021 Jul 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a bug that was introduced in the latest version of Illustrator (in conjunction with global colours and spot colours).

A workaround is to add at least one non-global filled or stroked object to the selection before you change the stroke weights.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your quick help and the explanation, Kurt 😃👍

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kurt, how did you know this, I don't remember seeing this on the forum before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Met, I discovered and posted the workaround while inspecting the bug about a week ago.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/changing-same-stroke-color-of-multiple-objects-deletes-th...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. (And I even replied to the original, my only excuse is that I really am a very old man, despite my icon!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 09, 2021 Jul 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also have that problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you deselect a global color and select it again it works, imagine that with several colors....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this issue with global colors. 25.2 version works correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

Is anyone experiencing the same problem I'm having?

When I select multiple objects (with different fill colors) at the same time and apply a new stroke color, I lose the fills. 

This has never happened to me before today... I thought a simple restart of my computer would fix it but to no avail 😞

Is this an update problem or is it just me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Illustrator are you using?

Similar issues have been reported and most likely you are stumbling across a bug in that case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kurt

Thanks for your response.

I'm running the latest version of illustrator.

Could the cause be from a 'corrupt graphic' affecting the document? (I'm not sure if that is even possible...)

I only mention this because I have tested a number of random shapes drawn in a new document and the phenomenon doesn't occur however when I copy and paste my original graphics into the new document all the objects experience this problem...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll follow this thread for any further developments

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deselect global colors and select them again, it works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Similar issue when I ttried to change stroke width with different global colors. Stroke effect just dissapear and i can change width one by one only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 02, 2021 Aug 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still no solution from adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@LIC5EFC wrote:

Still no solution from adobe?

Please follow the link to User Voice from @Ton Frederiks in this thread. Adobe announced on July 23 that they have found a fix in beta and have a link for the download.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The update to 25.4 solves this problem. Check if it is already available in your region, it should appear in the CC app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, 

We have tried to address this issue in our latest release v25.4.1. Please update Illustrator to the latest version to get this fixed.

Please feel free to reach out if you still need assistance, we'd be hapy to help. 

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That seems to have fixed it. Thanks to everyone who was involved in getting a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad to hear you're back on track. Please feel free to reach out if you run into any other questions or issues in the future, we'd be happy to help. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines