• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

changing the end of a path to an angle

Participant ,
Dec 04, 2022 Dec 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to change the angle of the end of a path so say 45degrees?

Trying to create this type of look.

The work around for me being a novice to this was to create 2 triangles and subract the center so it left me with a shape and i could then create this look by using other shapes and shape tool.

is there an easier way?

thanksIMG_6914.jpg

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Designs like these are created with shapes, so what you did was the usual way of doing it.

While still in the ideation phase, it might be convenient to actually work with strokes. But in that phase you can also just put a white shape on top of it to hide whatever needs to be hidden. More sophisticated you could also work with an opacity mask.

For several reasons the end result of a logo will always be shapes, not strokes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Owen,

You can create custom arrowheads, see this answer by Doug (location depending on version) and answers by others,

https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator-discussions/editing-an-arrowhead/m-p/11168691#M179043

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines