• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Clear Color Bar on Selected Text

New Here ,
Jan 04, 2023 Jan 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I may be familiar with my issue to some of you who were so helpful with your efforts. However I really must solve this dilemma. Perhaps the latest version of illustrator is incompatible with 2020 Mac. I hope this is not the case.

The text is selected and the line beneath the text should be red, not clear.

Can anyone solve this beyond installing an older version of illustrator? 

How do I contact human support at Adobe?

Thank you.

Judy

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 13, 2023 Jan 13, 2023

Hi @Judy23632718ohg9,

We are sorry for the trouble & delayed response. Would you mind copying the artwork to a new document and seeing if that helps?

Also, would you mind sharing a few details like:

• The exact version of Ai & macOS
  • Is this happening in this particular file? If yes, could you please share the document with us? You can upload it to the Creative Cloud (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/share.html) and share the download link here or share it with me via DM.

Additi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are some issues with Bounding boxes being white.

Are you in Overprint preview? Could you perhaps turn that off?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

Overprint is OFF,

Thank you!
This message (including any attachments) is confidential and privileged. Any review, copying, disclosure, re-transmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this message by any person other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you have received this message in error, you are requested to delete it from your system and contact the sender by replying to this message immediately. The Sender is not liable for erroneous transmission of this message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Monika

Overprint is off.

Do I remedy this by installing an old version?

Is there a remedy? Thank you, Judy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So turning off overprint preview solves it?

Maybe it's just in specific versions, but I'm not sure which version you would need to install. There are threads in the forum. Please search for "White bounding box" I couldn't find a thread with versions metnioned in it in a quik search, but I seem to remember that there were some.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2023 Jan 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No this is not the issue - overprint. Kindly Monika I believe it was you that confirmed there have been reports of clear or white text when selected that should be the color featured on the layers panel.

I do not have a solution to this issue. Thank you for your efforts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not confirm anything about the color of the text itself. There are some about the color of the bounding box highlight.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Monika 

I am super busy now at work and do not have time to commit to this, I did hear from someone, I thought it was you that clear and white boxes have been reported and there is no fix. I have to back to my feed and find it. I have been using Illustrator for years and never had this problem. I have not received any support that has been effective nor is there live support in place. Thank you for your efforts but it has not been resolved and I would like to contact Adob e directly however that does not seem possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 13, 2023 Jan 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Judy23632718ohg9,

We are sorry for the trouble & delayed response. Would you mind copying the artwork to a new document and seeing if that helps?

Also, would you mind sharing a few details like:

• The exact version of Ai & macOS
  • Is this happening in this particular file? If yes, could you please share the document with us? You can upload it to the Creative Cloud (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/share.html) and share the download link here or share it with me via DM.

Additionally, you can connect with our technical support team here (https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen). It would show a small chat window in the right corner. Type your issue there, and it will take you to one of our support representatives.

I will be looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2023 Jan 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Anshul

I am sorry, this does not work, the entire system (type bars are clear) is a default system.

All files are like this in my illustrator program even after uploading new version.

Copying and pasting – no change.

Thank you for your effort. As I see there is no remedy and Adobe Illustrator has no live customer service to help the issue.

Judy
This message (including any attachments) is confidential and privileged. Any review, copying, disclosure, re-transmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this message by any person other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you have received this message in error, you are requested to delete it from your system and contact the sender by replying to this message immediately. The Sender is not liable for erroneous transmission of this message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Illustrator has no live customer service to help the issue.
By @Judy23632718ohg9

Did you contact Customer Care as suggested by Anshul? That is live and they can login to your system and take a look at the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Monika

I appreciate your effort to help.

Please understand I am super busy at the moment and have to crank the work out.
I am leaving early for an appointment.

This has been in this state for over a month.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Judy23632718ohg9,

We are sorry for the trouble you are facing contacting support. This is not the experience we want you to have. Once you open this website (https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen), it will show a small chat window in the right corner. When you type your issue there, our automatic chatbot will take you to one of our support representatives. Just tell him that you have a problem with Illustrator and need to talk to a real person. It will automatically connect you with Illustrator's next available technical support representative.

Also, you can try the steps suggested in this community post (https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator-discussions/resolve-slow-performance-and-unexpected-behav...) and see if that helps!

Thanks,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2023 Jan 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please understand I am working remotely today and not on the computer with the Illustrator issue.

The mac that has the issue is a 2021 product with all updated OS, so that is not the problem, also Illustrator version is latest.

I am not able to work on this today.

Thank you for your patience.

[Logo Description automatically generated]<>

Judy Palaferro
Package Designer
{Contact info removed by MOD}

Disclaimer: This message (including any attachments) is confidential and privileged. Any review, copying, disclosure, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this message by any person other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you have received this message in error, you are requested to delete it from your system and contact the sender by replying to this message immediately. The Sender is not liable for erroneous transmission of this message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am writing back, the problem has returned.

If I copy and paste into a new doc, the text is highlighted in blue until I save, then it reverts back to clear.

I will have to return back to customer care and try to have this amended, I have already updated to the latest version.

Letting you know, not fixed.

Thanks
Judy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 27, 2023 Jan 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Judy23632718ohg9,

Thanks for reaching out again. I checked you had emailed us on a closed case. I would suggest you create a new case with customer care to resolve the issue.

Also, I would suggest updating your macOS to v12.6.3 or v13.2 and checking if that helps. If it doesn't, would you mind resetting Illustrator preferences? If that doesn't help either, please uninstall the application using the CC Cleaner tool and reinstall it from the Creative Cloud Desktop app.

Kindly update the discussion if you still need assistance with it. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks,
Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines