Clipping mask not filling every part of the compound path

Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2022 Sep 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all !

I ran into a probelm I can't get out.

It's a simple thing 🙂

First I have drawed 3 paths (rectangles) thaht I merge into compound paths (screenshot 1)

When I click on 'Object > Clipping Mask > Make', the mask it welle applied but 2 rectangle aren't filled. (screenshot 2)

Any idea why ?

Thank you guys !

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 28, 2022 Sep 28, 2022

Just overlapping soem rectangles won't imbue them with logic and that's why it doesn't work. It's actually plausible within how AI works. Even for Pathfinder operations you have to duplicate objects because AI follows a stric A/B pattern and then only applies one operation. So to cut my hubub short: You need to create all rectangles as actual separate paths, either by drawing them accordingly or slicing up your current construct using pathfinder operations so it produces separate rectangles.

M

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try selecting the compound path only, then setting Even-Odd Fill Rule in the Attributes panel.

DougARoberts_0-1664355489993.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just overlapping soem rectangles won't imbue them with logic and that's why it doesn't work. It's actually plausible within how AI works. Even for Pathfinder operations you have to duplicate objects because AI follows a stric A/B pattern and then only applies one operation. So to cut my hubub short: You need to create all rectangles as actual separate paths, either by drawing them accordingly or slicing up your current construct using pathfinder operations so it produces separate rectangles.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok got it will try this afternoon !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines