• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Clipping Mask Not Working with Image

New Here ,
Oct 20, 2021 Oct 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I created a compound image using the brush tool. When I try to create a clipping mask with the coumpound image out of an image behind it, it turns it all white. Am I able to do this to begin with? Not sure what I'm missing!

TOPICS
Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 20, 2021 Oct 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I cannto deteremine from your screenshoo what is your compound mask shape. I like to fill my mask with a dummy color prior using the mask command. The color disappears after executing the mask,  so does not matter what it is. This helps you confirm the mask is on top, and the lemensst yo wish to mask are underneath. Use  the solid arrow tool so you select entire group/compound.mask, etc. 

Try with a simple rectangle as your mask shape. If it works, undo. Yo then know the issue si with you mask shape and not the items you are trygn to mask. You  many need to break the compound shape for the mask, and recreate,

You can also use the transparency palette >> Make Mask  to create mask. Black wil drop out to transparent, and white will keep the art at 100%.  Group the items you wish to mask together as your art, then on top have a mask shape.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines