• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Clipping Mask Showing Ghosting

New Here ,
Apr 19, 2023 Apr 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having the same problem with several differant files. When I make a clipping mask, the file preview and PDF show everything outside of the mask as not clipped but slightly transparent. Like a strange ghosting of the part of the group/object that should be masked. This does not show in the actual AI file, however when previewing, viewing a PDF or even printing a PDF, the ghosting shows. 

This has been happening on the last three logos I have created and I can't seem to find any solution despite hours of searching for a solution. 

TOPICS
Print and publish , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share that charis example file or the part that shows the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's in the screenshot I uploaded.

You can see the bottom of the spoon and whisk that is masked, showing behind Charis.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I saw it in the screenshot, but I want to check the Illustrator file to find a solution/workaround.

You can use CC file sharing, Dropbox, Google, WeTransfer or similar to share the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2023 Apr 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is an AI and PDF file. The AI file shows no issues but if you preview the PDF from your finder window or more importantly send the PDF via email, the ghosting shows.  When the PDF is received, the ghosting is visible on their end and shows in a printout. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, 

I simplified the amount of clipping paths/groups (used only one) and that seems to work better wit Apple Preview.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Such a simple solution! I did the same thing and it still showed the ghosting unfortunately. The solution that worked however is when I simplified groups like you did and then saved the PDF differently. I was saving as Press Quality. When I save as Illustrator Default, the ghosting was gone.  Thank you for your help! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to hear that helped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are you viewing the pdf in?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A varieyy of applications. When I view it an Acrobat, there is no ghosting. When I simply preview it from my finder windoe I can see it. The problem is that when I send the PDF (or it's even showing in an EPS) the client is seeing the ghosting from their end when they print or view. This has happened with 4 complently differant designs. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Apr 21, 2023 Apr 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"When I view it an Acrobat, there is no ghosting"

Because acrobat knows how to render a pdf correctly, anything else you are using is just "doing it's best", often inaccurately.

Tell your client to use Arobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines