• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Clipping paths support only normal strokes?

Enthusiast ,
Dec 26, 2022 Dec 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

QPkFJYAanx.gif

When I try to switch the stroke over from a normal stroke to a graphical one, it does not get stroked.

What are some workarounds? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris,

As I (mis)understand it, you can deselect, then Direct Select the path (rim) of the Clipping Path, then apply the stroke.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you look at the screenshot at the tools panel, it's selected with the direct selection tool already, when I try to change the stroke.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Figured it out, I created an offset path set to 0.001 px (basically same position), and I moved it above the clip group at the layers, then I applied the graphical stroke to that instead, and it works (the paper texture part is linked):

UMUKIlFd7a.png 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines