• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cmd + tab doesn't bring another app upfront. Illustrator window is always active.

New Here ,
Jan 15, 2022 Jan 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When pressing cmd+tab when the Illustrator is an active app, it only changes the top default panel with the name of the app, but the Illustrator stays as an active window. When I click on any app icon on the dock panel it acts the same way. The only way to change the focus to the app I need after Illustrator is to click on the other app icon twice in the dock.

Please help (MacOs Monterey 12.1, MacBook Pro M1)

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Enthusiast ,
Jan 15, 2022 Jan 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to check Apple MacOS shortcuts? Turning off the shortcut and reassigning it may be the solution.

Graphic Designer Educator / PrePress Consultant

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adding my corroboration that this bug still persists months after this original post, and in a different configuration. I'm running macOS Catalina 10.15.7 on a 3.2 GHz Intel i7 2018 Mac Mini @ 64GB RAM (paired to an RX 580 eGPU).

It's so disruptive that I've had to downgrade from Illustrator v.26.2.1 to v.25.4.1 just to get any work done.

For anyone trying to test/reproduce this, make sure you have Illustrator in Full-Screen Mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines