• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Color picker inaccurate for reds

Engaged ,
Jan 21, 2023 Jan 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a strange problem.  The color picker is not showing the accurate colors for reds/oranges.  It seems to be working for other colors.  In the screenshot you can see the rectangles are shapes with colors applied via picker from the jpg.  Note that the beige and blue look accurate, but the red looks desaturated.  I've tried this with several other red/orange images with a similar result - always desaturated.

I can manually adjust the color to (nearly) match, but that's a really cumbersome process.

Working space is set to AdobeRGB and changing profiles makes no difference.  These are all rgb images.

Any idea what the problem is?  

I am taking the colors from a jpg (and have done this for decades without issue).

2023-01-21_12-39-56.jpg

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 21, 2023 Jan 21, 2023

Can you embed the jpeg? Illustrator can than pick up the colors from the file, otherwise it will use the linked preview.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And the document color mode is also RGB?

Can you please show the values of the color picker window and then the values that actually get applied to the object in the color window? Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you embed the jpeg? Illustrator can than pick up the colors from the file, otherwise it will use the linked preview.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 22, 2023 Jan 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That did it!  So bizarre.  I've never had a problem before the latest versions and it's only the reds/oranges that are a problem.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 22, 2023 Jan 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good to hear that helped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What ai version are you running, you used to have to SHIFT eyedropper in older versions.

Where exactly are you determining your working space (edit >> assign profile, or the show > flyout > profile at bottom middle of the app window ), is your document color mode RGB? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines