• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Color Profile issue

New Here ,
Dec 30, 2021 Dec 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hoping someone here can point me in the right direction on this.  I have an RGB image that i need to bring into Illustrator as a graphic and when I do sometimes it will not import it with the correct ICC profile.  If i re-save the original and tell it to again embed the profile it works correctly but from what i can see the profile is already in the original.  In the pictures attached you can see the difference in what Illustrator sees and when i look at the images in Bridge they both are listed as having the same profile already. 

Is there a reason why the profile would be there but not applied by some color setting?   

Is there a way to view the original that would alert me to this problem before hand so that i know to address this first?  The reason i ask is that every program i try seems to see the SRGB profile exepct for Illustrator i.e. Acrobat and Photoshop both recognize that this should be SRGB

Thank you and happy New Year!

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 30, 2021 Dec 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would start by going to your Edit > Color Settings and check if the right profiles are used.

Make sure that the warnings are checked for missing profiles and mismatches.

That will give you warnings when placing images give conflicts and options to solve them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines