• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Color Theme Picker Not Available

Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2021 Jan 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey I've been running through the illustrator tutorials and one is about recoloring images through recoloring and utilizing the Color Theme Picker tool. However, my layout is different than the web tutorial and it does not feature the color theme picker tool. Any advice on how i can modify/fix my layout so that it has the CTP tool?

TOPICS
Bug , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps you are using an older version of Illustrator? This is a newly introduced feature. Updating Illustrator to the latest version via the Creative Cloud app might solve your problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2023 Apr 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I updated illustrator and the color theme picker is still not availbale in the color rework tool...thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 02, 2023 Apr 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This thread is from 2021 - 2 years old.

Please create a new thread and show a screenshot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you go to the Window menu, do you not find Color Themes listed? If it's there and you click on it, the panel should open for you.

Peter

Edit: And what Michael said.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you trying to find the Color Theme Picker button within the Recolor Artwork panel? If so, follow my previous suggestion of updating Illustrator.

Are you trying to find the Color Themes panel? If so, follow the advice given by @tromboniator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing the same problem. Working through the Illustrator lessons on recoloring artwork and my layout looks different from the tutorial. I also have no Color Theme Picker tool/button. I am running the latest Mac OS and Illustrator is up to date through Creative Cloud app. It doesn't make any difference whether I select recolour artwork from the drop down menu Edit > Edit Colors > Recolor Artwork or whether I click the Recolor button in the Properties panel and then open the Recolor Artwork dialog box.  Were you able to find a fix for this?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please show a screenshot of what you see and a photo/screenshot of what you expect to see.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first screen shot is what I see. The second screen shot is from the web edition of Adobe Illustrator Classroom in a Book 2021

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to turn off this option:

Screen Shot 2021-02-10 at 5.20.49 PM.png

Please don't attach images in the forum. Always embed them.

unknow files.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

  The first image is what I should be seeing. This is from Adobe Illustrator Classroom in a Book 2021. The 2nd image is a screenshot of what I see.

Screen Shot 2021-02-10 at 5.32.00 PM.png

 

Screen Shot 2021-02-10 at 5.20.49 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you - I already asnwered it - you need to turn off that one option as noted in my answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I didn't see the yellow marker before. Thank you!! That works. I really appreciate your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines