• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Colors become dull when exporting to PNG

New Here ,
Nov 15, 2016 Nov 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having an issue with Illustrator CC 2017.

When i use export to create a PNG file, it comes out with dull colors. However, when i use Save for web the PNG comes out in nice colors.

For example:

The result i want:

Circle.png

(created with Save for Web)

Recurso 3.png

(Exported to PNG)

This one looks dull compared to the other.

About my setup:

• The color mode of the document is set to RGB, not CMYK
  • I have Appearance of Black set to Display All Blacks as Rich Black and Output All Blacks as Rich Black.

Thanks for your time.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Guide , Nov 16, 2016 Nov 16, 2016

Edit -> Assign Profile. My guess is that you have AdobeRGB assigned. For work that will be mainly viewed on-screen, you should assign sRGB.

Save for Web will automatically convert to sRGB, whereas Export preserves the colour numbers, which will appear differently when viewed on most monitors, which are closer to sRGB.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Feb 15, 2023 Feb 15, 2023

I have a different answer. Don't go to > Save As
Instead use > Eport > Quick Export as PNG
Ps 24.1.1

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Nov 15, 2016 Nov 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Rich Black" is only relevant for CMYK. The rest simply sounds like the usual lack of color management vs. a poorly adjusted monitor. You need to work on that rather than anything else.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is about as helpful as an elephant in a minefield. Thanks, guy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 07, 2021 Sep 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I felt you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 07, 2021 Sep 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Eldion,

Sorry about the trouble. I would like to know if you have tried the steps shared by @Danny Whitehead.? If these steps don't help, I will request you to please share a few more details like:

• OS and version of Illustrator
  • Is the issue related to a specific document?
  • Could you please share the document with us? It would be really helpful. You can upload it to the Creative Cloud (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/share.html) and share the download link. 
  • Where are you saving the files (Network Drive/ System HDD/ Shared Folder on System/ External HDD)?
  • When did this start happening? Are there any recent changes made to your system? For example, any antivirus, system updates, or web extensions installed recently.
  • Which color space are you working in?
  • In which application are you previewing the exported PNG?
  • Check the color used in the document are process colors and has no warning (See attached Screenshot)
    anshulsaini_0-1631030366329.png

We are here to help. We just need more info.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 02, 2023 Sep 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I exported 3 PNG's yesterday and they were bright and punchy - I fixed a typo on one and re-xported same image today - Changed absolutely nothing else - image muddy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Nov 16, 2016 Nov 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edit -> Assign Profile. My guess is that you have AdobeRGB assigned. For work that will be mainly viewed on-screen, you should assign sRGB.

Save for Web will automatically convert to sRGB, whereas Export preserves the colour numbers, which will appear differently when viewed on most monitors, which are closer to sRGB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2016 Nov 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You were right. That really helped. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2023 Feb 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a different answer. Don't go to > Save As
Instead use > Eport > Quick Export as PNG
Ps 24.1.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2023 Feb 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what I needed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That Quick export appears to be gone - None of that profile/color settings stuff worked for me - after 45 minutes of swearing I tried exporting a JPG and the color held - no idea - completely exasperating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Quick Export is a Photoshop option.

Illustrator does not embed a color profile, other apps (including Illustrator) are just guessing what kind of RGB profile is used and assume sRGB.

Check in Illustrator what the color document profile is and assign that in Photoshop to the exported png.

Doc profile.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines