Exit

Colors of the image are slightly pale in Illustrator

New Here ,
Aug 13, 2019 Aug 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Everyone,

I got this issue for a while now. Following:

Whenever I try to place a picture into Illustrator - all brightness seem to fade away. Whether I am in CMYK or RGB mode. (Mostly work in CMYK for print). It just seems that the whole colour setting is messed up - but my wife uses the same settings and has no problems with it.

Lets take this colourful Giacomo Bagnara Image as an example:

Bildschirmfoto 2019-08-13 um 14.35.27.png

And here some Facts:

Using an iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2017) with Radeon Pro 555 2 GB

Adobe CC

My Monitor settings are also the same as on the Mac of my wife.

And here are the settings. Which is pretty much the default one. (GPU Performace is switched on - And I am in GPU Mode, although CSU Mode does not change a thing).

Bildschirmfoto 2019-08-13 um 14.29.39.png

Another issue is, that every export needs the ICC profile embedded, otherwise it loses brightness, too. (I have not had the issue with CS6, but it was on PC)

I appreciate every help.

Thanks very much.

{Renamed by MOD}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 13, 2019 Aug 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you color calibrated your monitor?

Place RGB images if you are working in web, which is what your first screen shot suggests. Make sure your document color mode always matches the color mode of your ijmages. RGB has a wider and more saturated color space, so the colors can look more vivid in RGB than in CMYK.

File >> Document Color Mode >> RGB

When working in print use CMYK images and CMYK document color mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 14, 2019 Aug 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tony,

Thanks for reaching out. I see the image looks different in Illustrator. In addition to the suggestions shared by Mike, you can also refer to the steps shared on this similar discussion: Illustrator changes colors when importing an image.

Let us know if that helps or if you need further assistance.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2024 Jan 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i think you need to take the images to photoshop and flatten them, then bring back to illustrator, there your problem will be solved

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 12, 2024 Jan 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@freedom34755427c440  schrieb:

i think you need to take the images to photoshop and flatten them, then bring back to illustrator, there your problem will be solved

Please learn about color management.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines