• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Colour Help

New Here ,
Jan 10, 2022 Jan 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator seems to be changing the colour of imported documents and I'm unsure what I've done to make this so.
Attached is how the image should look as well as how Illustrator opens it.

I'm using an Ink Experts ICC but it's so totally different from the original that, even on printing, it looks different. 
Any help appreciated; sure I've done something really silly!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, have you tried to reset Adobe Illustrator preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for replying.

This is my current colour profile

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There are a couple of problems.

Your RGB working color space looks like an output color profile for an inkjet printer.

It is probably better to use a working space like sRGB or AdobeRGB.

If the result has to be printed on a color printer, I would have worked in RGB instead of CMYK because the CMYK will be converted to RGB anyway when printed to a color printer.

The image you import is a png file, that is an RGB file (PNG does not support CMYK) and needs to be converted to CMYK in a CMYK document.

The problem with PNG files in Illustrator is that Illustrator ignores ICC profiles when importing or exporting.

In your case Illustrator assumes the profile from your Color Settings and converts it toCMYK.

What I would do; use a good RGB working space and use the same RGB profile for your PNG files.

Work in RGB and let the printer do the conversion to CMYK (or whatever inks the printer uses).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines