• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

combine line segments into single path for .svg for Fusion CAD?

New Here ,
Jan 12, 2017 Jan 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if my problem is with Illustrator or Fusion, but I'm having difficulty with.svg files imported into Fusion to do inlay work.

When I create the inlay and try to contour it in CAM, when I try to select the geometry, I can only select single segments of the drawing I imported.  I've tried merging paths before saving the .svg, doesn't help at all.

On the other hand I have no trouble creating a pocket with the same .svg. which makes me suspect it may well be my Fusion technique at fault...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2022 Feb 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I see this is 5 years old, but to quickly join select those line segments for example if you're doing a trace or engrave tool path, click once on the first segment, then click once more at which time a small toolbar with a + sign and x sign and trash can will appear. Then click on the farthest segment away and hit the plus sign, it will select everything in between.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines