• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Command+Y causes Illustrator to crash

New Here ,
Oct 11, 2022 Oct 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - I've had this occasional problem for over a year with different versions of Illustrator.

Currently using 26.3.1. When I type Command with Y (Command+Y) to change from Preview to Outline view, it instantly crashes. Not every time. Seemingly, only at the most annoying moment!

Any help would be gratefully received - thanks!

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design , Performance , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any reason you didn't update Illustrator?

Which system is it?

How much RAM in the machine?

Free disk space?

What's in the file (we care about the functionality you used)?

How large is the file?

Did you already reset the preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2022 Oct 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Monika - Illustrator 26.3.1 was the latest available to me at that time. I now have 27 and the same issue occasionally. I have 16GB RAM (max.) on my 15-inch MBP 2016 running Monterey and loads of free disk space. The files are for magazine publishing graphics: images and text and only about 250KB. I have been using Illustrator for these for decades. I have reset the preferences, but the intermittent problem persists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are placed images in the files?

Does this also happen when there are no placed images in the files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, the files it's happened with don't contain images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have already reset the preferences?

Maybe even uninstall/reinstall is necessary.

But maybe the Illustrator team also can take a look at your files. Check if Anubhav has an idea.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @rickh85108495,

Sorry to hear about this experience. Would you mind trying to reset Illustrator's preferences by following the steps shared in this article (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/troubleshoot-preference-issues.html) as suggested by Monika and checking if it helps?
Disclaimer: Please note that resetting preferences will remove all custom settings, and Illustrator will launch with the defaults. You may take a backup of these settings from the location mentioned in the article.

Also, try updating Illustrator to the latest version and share your observations.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,
Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anubhav, 

Please see my reply to Monika (below), which covers the points you raise.

Thank you

Hi Monika - Illustrator 26.3.1 was the latest available to me at that time. I now have 27 and the same issue occasionally. I have 16GB RAM (max.) on my 15-inch MBP 2016 running Monterey and loads of free disk space. The files are for magazine publishing graphics: images and text and only about 250KB. I have been using Illustrator for these for decades. I have reset the preferences, but the intermittent problem persists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @rickh85108495,

Thanks for confirming that. Would you mind sharing the Crash Report by following the steps shared in this help article: https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/crash-next-steps.html.

While submitting the crash report, kindly use the same email address as the community so we can locate it quickly.

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines