Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Compressed PDF Export from Illustrator

New Here ,
Feb 07, 2023 Feb 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all, I hope you are all doing as well as possible ❤️ 

After creating a digital planner in Illustrator, using the exact dimensions of my ipad (2048 x 2732) and I am trying to export as a perfectly crisp PDF document with zero resolve (other PDF's that I tested have perfect quality when zooming in).

I believe I have tried very PDF present, toggled every option, removed all compression.. My document raster settings is at high, even tested 1000 ppi out of borderline desperation.  Anti-aliasing check box is actie,  have tried 'save as', 'export for screens' and 'export for 'web'. I have worked so hard on building this dated daily planner, and I really need your help. 

This is to be used in apps like goodnotes, notebility. 

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could we perhaps see a screenshot?

Which functions did you use in Illustrator to create this?

What are these apps doing with the file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Monika,

As the planner is mainly for iPads, I use the ipad pro RGB function to set up the document. 

I am unsure how to answer your second question by these apps are for marking up PDFs as well as annotating. 

Before they are fully functional there, I will be adding links between the yearly view, monthly view, weekly etc... however that is currently unrelate. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And what is your issue with the PDF? I don't think I understand that from your initial post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The quality is not up to par. I've uploaded other PDFs (not my own) into these apps and no matter how far I zoom in the quality is vector clear. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you open the files directly after export in Acrobat, can you zoom in?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When my PDF is opened in Acrobat on my desktop the quality is perfect. 

However, the same document in Acrobat on my iPAD is an entirely different story... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So something happens when transferring the document to your iPad?

Can you please show screenshots of what's happening there? how do you proceed to transfer the document to your iPad?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I airdrop the file, save to files and import the document. This is the same process I use when testing other PDF's which are all asuccesfful. Actually, if I open the same file on my desktop directly on the goodnotes app, the quality is poor however if I open a different PDF (not my own) the quality is perfect, again this is on my desktop directly to goodnotes from my file. Using the same process that otherwise always works for me...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this is only happening in the goodnotes app, please ask their developers for file specifications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's also happening in my Acrobat on my ipad. I have looked through goodnote documentation, here is a screen shot... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 08, 2023 Feb 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please upload such a PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Feb 08, 2023 Feb 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What pdf profile was used on the "good" pdf files?

If you export to png or jpg do you get the same quality issues?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 10, 2023 Feb 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @AnastasiaIkigai,

Thanks for reaching out. Would you mind sharing the PDF & Ai files here or via DM so we can further check on our end and share our observations with you? Also, please confirm if your file contains images, linked files, or if there are any vector objects.

Kindly update the discussion if you still need assistance with it. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines