• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Context menu's closing automaticly

Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So it seems like something is loading all the time, since there is a loading symbol just flickering next to my cursor. Everytime I try to open a context menu is just disappears directly after. It also happens with richt click context menus. This happend after the update. The problem only occurs when Illustrator is opened. When closed the loading symbol disappears. So it doesn't seem like another program is causing it. I've checked every key on my keyboard but none of them is sticking. Also tried restarting, reinstalling and downloading the previous version. But now even that previous version is giving me the same problem. I'm out of ideas anyone knows have had this problem and knows how to fix it? I searched everywhere and I can't find any solution.

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Okay so reinstalling creative cloud did the trick for me. Not sure if it was that or the change of installation folder for Illustrator. Had to change it because of the lack of storage room in for the standard folder. (which was set back to standard because of the reinstallation) Everything seems to work fine now for some reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had no problems after the 27.0 update so far, Did you import previous settings when updating? What happens if you reset preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It automaticly updated so im not sure? I think it did. When reinstalling I clicked on the ''do not copy previous settings'' option. I've tried to reset preferences by moving the file at :

Windows: <OSDisk>\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator <version number> Settings\en_US*\x64\Adobe Illustrator Prefs

Also tried ctrl+alt+shift when starting Illustrator but that also did nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have any other software running when you open Illustrator? Any system extensions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, a bunch of Adobe CEP HTML open, AiRobin 2023 and Adobe Spashkit? Never really payed any attention to this so idk if these always open

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I mean any software other than that which opens with Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay so reinstalling creative cloud did the trick for me. Not sure if it was that or the change of installation folder for Illustrator. Had to change it because of the lack of storage room in for the standard folder. (which was set back to standard because of the reinstallation) Everything seems to work fine now for some reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines