• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Convert image to a vintage anatomy poster style

New Here ,
May 05, 2023 May 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I'm new to Illustrator and need to transform various food items to a typical vintage anatomy poster style (is this linocut?)

I've attached an example food picture and example end style. Can anyone point to a tutorial or instruction that will help me to convert please?

Thanks

TOPICS
Draw and design , How-to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There might be a plugin for Photoshop. But for this in Illustrator you would need the appropriate brushes and then it's a lot of work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Monika - I assume by "a lot of work" you mean I essentially need to create from scratch by drawing afresh and adding brush strokes individually? 😕

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's pretty much like drawing each line, yes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think all the plugins and other effects filters out there that create halftone or line tone textures out of images simply use a flat pattern. Vintage linocut illustrations feature line work that follows around the shapes and contours of the subject matter. It's almost a sculptural 3D kind of appearance. I think that kind of style is something that still has to be generated by abstract human decision making.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you both...

Time to look for a different style then...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines