• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Convert type to type to path

New Here ,
May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I convert existing type to type to path like on illustrator for ipad?

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 19, 2022 May 19, 2022

You can only select the text (not the text object) and then copy it and then click on the path with the text tool (you don't need the txpe on path tool) and then paste the text into it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 19, 2022 May 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the menu Type > Create outlines

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont mean to convert type to outline paths of the type, I mean how do I lock existing type to an existing path?  Normally, if you use the 'type on a path' tool, your text as you type follows whatever path you select. Is there a way to link after text is already typed if I have a lot of Type layers that already exist and I want to assign them to various paths without cutting the text and pasting it in a new Type on a path layer? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can only select the text (not the text object) and then copy it and then click on the path with the text tool (you don't need the txpe on path tool) and then paste the text into it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bummer.  I was worried that was the case.  Thanks for confirming. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Other vector software works like you want, so why not ask for it and maybe you find supporters for your idea:

Please post bugs & feature requests to http://illustrator.uservoice.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines