• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copy and paste from illustrator to InDesign

New Here ,
Apr 04, 2023 Apr 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used to always be able to copy and paste from illustrator to InDesign without issue, has something changed that this is no longer a function? Does anyone have a work around for this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 04, 2023 Apr 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the future, to find the best place to post your message, use the list here, https://community.adobe.com/

p.s. i don't think the adobe website, and forums in particular, are easy to navigate, so don't spend a lot of time searching that forum list. do your best and we'll move the post if it helps you get responses.

<moved from using the community>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 05, 2023 Apr 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which versions are you using? Do you have apps or utilities running at the same time as Illustrator an InDesign?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the Creative Cloud Suite and both have had the latest updates. There are other apps, software running at the same time. I have done the quit and restart computer, and that has worked, but it has done it again later on and I don't want to have to quit and restart each time. I just wondered if anything has changed in the recent update, as I thought they were meant to work hand in hand really well!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly what is happening? Doesn't copy at all? Doesn't paste at all? Paste looks weird? Is it just the shortcut that is not working?

There are several applications that "enhance" the clipboard. They don't play along well with Illustrator. You might want to turn them off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It wasn't pasting at all. Can you give me examples of the applications that maybe conflicting?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got a list in here: https://www.vektorgarten.de/illu-tipps-workflow-2.html#copypaste

Those are the ones that have been identified in this forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much for this information, I will check the list and try and trouble shoot a bit more!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines