• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copy and paste is only bringing the outline and not the fill.

New Here ,
May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an image of a pair of pants and i've used blue jeans for the fill color.  Every time i try to copy and paste it it only picks up the empty outline and leaves the blue part behind.  If i try to select all and move it it only moves the outline and leaves the jean color or fill behind.  What am i doing wrong?

Thanks,

B

TOPICS
Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share this Illustrator file for inspection?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure thank you Kurt it is 60 mb let me see if i can make it a smaller file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok Kurt not sure why i dont see the reply.  The image on the left is the one with the problem.  The one on the right works fine, the whole image and color transfers.  The one on the left, only the outline copies or moves and leave the jeans behind.

Thank you so much.  Your knowledge is greatly appreciated

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Brian.

Unfortunately, I don't see any image you are mentioning. Something obviously went wrong ...

Apart from that, it would be better if you could provide the original Illustrator file instead of some screenshots. You may store and share it on Google Drive or any other file sharing provider.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines