• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copy-Paste from CAD

New Here ,
Sep 05, 2022 Sep 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Windows (or earlier versions, I don't know where could be the difference) I could simply Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V from a AutoCAD drawing to Illustrator and it would paste the lines perfectly (as a group though).
Now in Mac, it pastes a temp file direction.
How can this be fixed? Thanks!

Illustrator 26.5
CAD 2022

TOPICS
Bug , Third party plugins , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 06, 2022 Sep 06, 2022

I have not seen this work on a Mac. I know you could do it on Windows but that was a feature of the Windows OS/AutoCAD software using a command prompt to copy/paste.

From AutoCAD support: "The Copy-Paste feature in Windows can be used to transfer objects between various Windows applications, but it does not maintain the highest level of precision within AutoCAD. To maintain precision, use COPYBASE rather than COPYCLIP (Ctrl+C). "

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Sep 06, 2022 Sep 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not seen this work on a Mac. I know you could do it on Windows but that was a feature of the Windows OS/AutoCAD software using a command prompt to copy/paste.

From AutoCAD support: "The Copy-Paste feature in Windows can be used to transfer objects between various Windows applications, but it does not maintain the highest level of precision within AutoCAD. To maintain precision, use COPYBASE rather than COPYCLIP (Ctrl+C). "

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm what Kevin said. This never worked on Mac to begin with. Autodesk never bothered to implement such features since apparently dealing with the clipboard is more complex on Macs due to security and permissions considerations.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much guys! I thought that it wasn't possible but wanted to confirm!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines