• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copy Paste text from illustrator

New Here ,
Dec 12, 2021 Dec 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just can not believe Adobe has put a bug into the illustrator software.
before I could copy-paste text from illustrator to any other text editor like Word or browser.

Now it does not work or if it does work the formatting is messed up and sometimes it paste the text as image.

This is so frustating.

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design , Feature request , Import and export , Print and publish , Tools , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I remember the time the Illustrator team didn’t fix a bug for more than a decade so I have no problem believing that new Illustrator bugs may have come into existance more recently. 

One peculiar thing seems to be that text formatting of copied text is handled differently even when pasting in other Adobe applications (I only tried Photoshop and Indesign, though). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you want some specific thing to work in a specific way, please post an exact description of exactly what should work in exactly which way to http://illustrator.uservoice.com

When the clipboard is concerned: it might get difficult, because the receiving application as well as the system matter as well. And then there are also clipboard enhancing system extensions which often do interfere.

Illustrator in recent years got the option to copy artwork as SVG (can be truned off in the preferences) and paste text without formatting. These two functionalities might have affected other things. But again: if this affects your workflow, post to Uservoice in order to get your complaint to the developers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines