Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copy vectors from Adobe XD not working

Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey together,

since yesterday I'm not able to copy my vectors from XD and paste it in Illustrator (Windows 10).

For example, if i insert an icon, it will be converted to an image file.

2020_06_25_07_58_23_Unbenannt_1_bei_300_RGB_GPU_Vorschau_.jpg

How can I fix this problem?

Thanks

David

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Illustrator is this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

v23.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can only test this with Mac OS, but in there it pastes vector paths.

Since it started yesterday - did you install anything that messes with the clipboard?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This also happens with new projects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have deactivated all plugins and the problem is still there

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not Illustrator plugins, but stuff installed in the system. Also browsers are known to interfere, screen sharing apps and whatever. It's like CSI, only on your computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have the newest version with the same issue. I have a psd (from Fresco) with the vector layers but it will NOT open them as vector in Illustrator, it keeps converting to raster.. help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"i have the newest version with the same issue."

This thread is about Adobe Xd, but your issue is with Fresco. Please create a new thread.

Apart from that: to get vector artwork from Fresco into Illustrator, you have to export a PDF from Fresco.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please tell us your versions and system

Please tell us what exactly is happening (we need to know if you use shorts or the context menu and what exactly happens. Step by step)

Do you have any extensions or apps running that interfere with the clipboard?

Please close all browsers, screen recording and check your system for clipboard manipulation or "enhancement"

e.g. Windows has a setting called Clipboard history. Can you turn that off?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After one of the latest Adobe XD updates, there was a problem copying vector images from Adobe XD to Adobe Illustrator. Previously, I could copy an svg-element from Adobe XD (using the Ctrl+C keyboard shortcuts) and paste it as an svg-element to Adobe Illustrator (using the Ctrl+V keyboard shortcuts). But now I can't do this, because all vector files are copied from Adobe XD as a bitmap image in very poor quality with a black background. This made the process very difficult. Now, to transfer a vector file from Adobe XD, I can't use hotkeys, I have to save it in svg format to my computer, and then open this file in Adobe Illustrator. If i copying items using the shortcut menu the problem remains.

In the opposite direction, everything works correctly (vector-elements are transferred from Adobe Illustrator to Adobe XD as vector-elements)

I use Windows 10, Adobe XD v.30.2.12, Adobe Illustrator v.24.0.1. Two weeks ago before Adobe XD update everything works perfect. I don't use any extensions or apps running that interfere with the clipboard. Clipboard history is off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can only test on the Mac and there it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

it happens on windows 10 
use rightclick and then "copy as SVG " then paste on Illustrator 
it will be solved .. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines