• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copying linked file names

Engaged ,
Aug 29, 2021 Aug 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I copy the name of the linked file?  I have dozens of missing links and need to search my hd to find them.  The files names are long and there would be countless hours wasted trying to make sure each one I searched for was correct.

I've tried in every window I can find, but it won't let me select the text, anywhere.  Very frustrating, to say the least.

Thanks

TOPICS
Bug , Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Expert , Aug 29, 2021 Aug 29, 2021

go to File->File Info...to bring up the XMP window, then on the list on the left select Raw Data. Then search for a file name. You will only get the first match and you won't be able to find a next match. But you can copy and paste the whole xml data and paste it into a text editor for better search tools.

search for missing links.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

you could also Ctrl+A to select all, open the "Document Info" Panel, switch to "Linked Images" in the Flyout Menu, then click on "Save..." to save the list to a text file.

search for missing links2.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

It is not very elegant, but you can go to the Document Info panel, uncheck selection only and save it as a text file.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

go to File->File Info...to bring up the XMP window, then on the list on the left select Raw Data. Then search for a file name. You will only get the first match and you won't be able to find a next match. But you can copy and paste the whole xml data and paste it into a text editor for better search tools.

search for missing links.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you could also Ctrl+A to select all, open the "Document Info" Panel, switch to "Linked Images" in the Flyout Menu, then click on "Save..." to save the list to a text file.

search for missing links2.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not very elegant, but you can go to the Document Info panel, uncheck selection only and save it as a text file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Carlos was a bit faster 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just by 2 seconds 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2023 Apr 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There no longer seems to be a save option

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

docInfoSave.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah, thanks, I was looking at the links panel where I used to be able to copy that info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines