• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Corner Widgets not visible on every corner

Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2022 Jul 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once again I am having to stop my workflow and post to the community because something isn't working in the program.

I'm designing a logo and on the last letter the corner widgets are not appearing like they have been throughout the entire shape. I have edges visible and corner widgets.

Please advise.

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design , Performance , Tools , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 18, 2022 Jul 18, 2022

esthedik,

"There are 2 identical shapes next to eachother,"

The two (sets of) are not identical: on the one to th e right, the rightmost corner missing a widget is placed higher, and there is an extra Anchor Point in the lower curved part.

What happens if you delete the set to the right, then move a copy of the one to the left into place and take it from there?

Before that, you may wish to Join the the parts of the shape to the left as mentioned by S.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*UPDATED SCREENSHOT*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are no corner widgets in these places because they are not really corners from Illustrator's point of view. In these three places, the end points of two different strokes are close together (or maybe even on top of each other). To get your widget, join the two strokes at those points. 

Screen Shot 2022-07-18 at 3.33.01 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm aware the top is not joined (I tried joining the entire shape after this post which did not solve the problem).

I'm specifically talking about the corners at the bottom of the shapes. There are 2 identical shapes next to eachother, there are widgets on the bottom of the shape on the left and no widgets on the botom of the shape on the right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your original post did not specify where you were looking for widgets and not seeing them. Without looking at your file first-hand, I don't have any immediate ideas. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

esthedik,

"There are 2 identical shapes next to eachother,"

The two (sets of) are not identical: on the one to th e right, the rightmost corner missing a widget is placed higher, and there is an extra Anchor Point in the lower curved part.

What happens if you delete the set to the right, then move a copy of the one to the left into place and take it from there?

Before that, you may wish to Join the the parts of the shape to the left as mentioned by S.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines