• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Correctly Sizing Illustrator Art in Photoshop

New Here ,
Jan 17, 2022 Jan 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys, I'm pulling my hair out here. I have created a board game board in illustrator with a size of 1228mm x 592mm. Each square on the board is 30mm x 30mm and the board has a border hence the odd sizing. I'm looking to get it printed at a printers but I can't export it into Photoshop at the right size. I create a brand new file in Photoshop that is the exact size (1228mm x 592mm) and paste the art from AI into it. But when I look at the file at 100% in photoshop the square is around 60mm x 60mm.  Surely if the Photoshop file is eactly correct in mm the art file is good? Could anyone recommend how to export the illustrator file correctly for print as well as anywhere I might have gone wrong.

Thanks

TOPICS
Import and export , Print and publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are not considering DPI/ PPI/ LPI. That's all that matters to translate pixels to physical units. Squeezing 300 pixels into an inch is different from only using 100 or whatever. Again, these things matter for physical reproduction and I would suggest you actually read up on this stuff and/ or contact the company who are ultimately going to print it to inquire for their exact requirements. Half the success of such stuff is communication.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. I have taekn DPI into account. But illustrator doesn't have dpi. When I set up the photoshop file it is way too small in 72 dpi and too big with 300 dpi. Is there some formula to work it out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the printer accepts PDF files, you can save a PDF directly in Illustrator.

If not, contact the printer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You, I'll talk to my printer and hopefully they can guide me in what they will need. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Why do you need to put the finish file from Illy into PS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines