• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Corrupt file: Illustrator unable to recover file after Crash

Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2021 Jun 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was working then suddenly illustrator crashed (for the first time in over 3 years) and when i opened it again,

It said something like this.

Asjal5E64_0-1624807525401.png

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry about this trouble. Is the issue related to a specific document? If yes, could you please share the document with us? You can upload it to the Creative Cloud (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/share.html) and share the download link. 

I must also inform you that file recovery can't be guaranteed with a 100% success. We'll surely try our best.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello miss Bali, I have a similar problem. But I don´t saved the document as .ai file, only in .pdf file, and then immediately turned off my computer. A few hours later when I opened the pdf file in illustrator, a window appeared showing that illustrator could partially read the file, an when I opened I lost most of the work, but in the thumbnail it seems that the file is completely there. what do I do? Please help me!Screenshot 2021-06-27 190354.pngAsjal5E64_0-1624807525401.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2021 Jun 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Windows preview is a raster image embedded in the file. It might have not a lot to do with the actual content.

Are the missing parts there when you open the file in Acrobat?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2021 Jun 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nope!

Well I've to make it over again and its done!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Jacob Richard  Thanks for sharing the file. We are working on file recovery. In the meantime, I would request if you could share details asked below. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Truthfully, if this only happened to you once in 3 years, you are truly lucky! Saving often is of course the key. I also use AstuteGraphics plug-in AutoSavior so that when I do get a crash, I don't really have any issues. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for your help! it really worked!

Regards,

Jacob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

So sorry to hear about this trouble. We're currently investigating this issue and need a few more details from you end. For example: 

We're here to help, just need more info!

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines