• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Crash when applying custom brush stroke to path

Explorer ,
Oct 20, 2022 Oct 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've created a custom brush on this file.

When I try to apply the custom brush to the path, it crashes.

1. Adobe Illustrator 2023 - 27.0

2. macOS Monterey Version 12.6 (21G115)

3. Steps: Outlined artwork using pen tool. Apply the custom stitch brush to the path. 

4. Should look like a stitched typograhy.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 21, 2022 Oct 21, 2022

Files can go corrupt and objects in files as well. It happens rarely, but it happens. The engineers might be able to tell you more about your file.

@Anshul_Saini  could you please shed some light on this?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 21, 2022 Oct 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the crash occur with any object, or in a new file?

I don't experience any issues applying those brushes to a basic shape in AI 27 on Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strange, I had to recreate the text shape and applied the brush. It seems to work. But what happened to the old file? Just trying to make sense of this. What is the difference between the old and recreated file? Would like to avoid this in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to also add that copying the old paths and pasting them into a new file did not work. I had to recreate it onto a new file. Did something corrupt the paths? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Files can go corrupt and objects in files as well. It happens rarely, but it happens. The engineers might be able to tell you more about your file.

@Anshul_Saini  could you please shed some light on this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @digitaldiane,

Sorry to hear about this experience. As suggested by Doug, it could be possible that the specific file may be corrupted, causing the crash in Illustrator. 

Kindly update this thread if you face the issue with a different file so we can investigate this further. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 01, 2024 Jan 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having this issue for months, on Mac (latest most updated everything) and on different files so it's not file related. As soon as I apply that 'fat in the middle' stroke, crash. Then when I relaunch and do it once, it's fine. Later it will start doing it again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @CAlyanak,

We understand how frustrating it can be to encounter crashes in the middle of work. Would you mind trying the suggestions shared in this help article (https://adobe.ly/47gDRTH) and checking if it helps? Also, kindly submit the crash report using your Adobe email address and share it here for quick tracking. Steps are shared here: (https://adobe.ly/4aFiJte). We appreciate your time and patience in helping us resolve this issue.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you perhaps share your problem brush?

And also screenshots of the artwork you are applying it to and your hardware specifications.

Do you have any third party plugins installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines