• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Crash while working on Illustrator 27.3.1 - Windows

Community Beginner ,
Mar 05, 2023 Mar 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Adobe Illustrator keeps crashing for no reason. I can even so something as silly as "click a dot" and it crashes. It gives no message, it just closes itself. I have the latest version (27.3.1). I can't work with this.

I got an Asus TUF Dash F15, plenty RAM, i7, 122 GB free space. My GeForce Drivers are ver. 531.18.

[Renamed by Mod]

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Mar 06, 2023 Mar 06, 2023

Hello @1gabx@Jose5EDF,

We understand how frustrating it can be to experience crashes. If you're using a Wacom Tablet, we recommend trying an older version of the driver (6.3.46-2) to see if it resolves the issue. If not, please follow the steps in this help article (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/fix-crash-on-launch-issues.html) and let us know your observations. Also, kindly share the crash report using the steps in this article (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/crash-next-steps.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Mar 07, 2023 Mar 07, 2023

Going to Preferences > Devices > Unchecking "Enable Wacom", 'fixed' the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gaming drivers or studio drivers?

What else did you already try? Resetting the preferences?

Can you try and launch into Safe Mode and see if it works then?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried both drivers, Gamer and Studio, the latest. I also have all other drivers updated (Windows, Wacom, etc.). Likewise, I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling. It just keeps closing itself randomly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please contact Cutomer Care: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

They can login to your syastem to check this out. You need to be logge into your Adobe ID and disable any popup blockers and then the chat is in the bottom right of the page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now I'm trying NVIDIA Studio Drivers 528.49, and it keeps closing itself a few minutes after opening it. I don't even need to be doing anything at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the same thing happens to me, I have updated everything and I have not been able to work on anything, I have changed illustrator versions and it continues to close by itself IT'S SO FRUSTRATING IT MAKES YOU WANT TO UNSUBSCRIBE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please contact Customer Care and let them take a look into it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2023 Mar 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello friend, I don't know if you use a Wacom, but I "fixed" my issue by disabling it in Preferences > Devices.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot! it works perfectly :))

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 06, 2023 Mar 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @1gabx@Jose5EDF,

We understand how frustrating it can be to experience crashes. If you're using a Wacom Tablet, we recommend trying an older version of the driver (6.3.46-2) to see if it resolves the issue. If not, please follow the steps in this help article (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/fix-crash-on-launch-issues.html) and let us know your observations. Also, kindly share the crash report using the steps in this article (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/crash-next-steps.html) and use the same email account as your community account for quick tracking. We appreciate your time and efforts in resolving this issue.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Going to Preferences > Devices > Unchecking "Enable Wacom", 'fixed' the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unchecking the Devices box in preferences also worked for me. What I'm hyper annoyed about now is that I let a customer care person take control of my PC and then my workspaces got fried when they reinstalled. All my workspaces are saved in my app data folder but for some reason I can't load them or import them or anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2023 Jun 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having the same issue. It has started crashing in the last few days for no apparent reasob.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 23, 2023 Jun 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@mher28176333vfji  schrieb:

I've been having the same issue. It has started crashing in the last few days for no apparent reasob.

Please create a new thread and tell us exactly:

your system

your version of Illustrator

any third party plugins

Your hardware setup

What you are doing when the crash happens

Where the files are stored

What's in the files

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines