• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Crashes and issues following App updates

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2022 Apr 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time there is an update to Illustrator I experience multiple crashes and issues. Following an update the app just will not launch, goes through the process but cannot load, I have to uninstall and then install - this has happened multiple times. Then there are the constant crashes - I can't calculate how much work and time I have lost due to this. I pay a subscription for software - please make sure it is fully tested and stable BEFORE you release it - you do not pay us to test.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried resetting your preferences?

Sometimes its an easy fix to cleanup anything from an update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Kevin - the issue is I cannot open Illustrator following an update and so cannot reset my preferences - I think before I hit update in the creative cloud app next time, I will reset any prefs and then update. Fingers crossed that works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hold down after launch prior to the splash screen appearing:

Shift+Cmd+Ctrl+Opt (mac)

Shfit+Alt+Ctrl (Win)

Thtat will reset your preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 13, 2022 Apr 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @themarvelousmrsd,

Sorry to hear about the experience. I hope the steps provided by Kevin helped resolve the problem. If not, kindly follow these steps to manually delete the preferences for Illustrator:

• Close all Adobe applications.
• Go to the following locations
• ~/Library/Caches
• ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe
• ~/Library/Preferences
• Rename Adobe Illustrator, com.adobe.illustrator and Adobe Illustrator 26 Settings folders to Adobe Illustrator.old, com.adobe.illustrator.old and Adobe Illustrator 26 Settings.old
• Launch Illustrator from the Creative Cloud.

Note: Location starting with this "~" sign indicates the User Library, which is hidden. So, you need to copy & paste the exact path in spotlight search or from Finder Menu > Go > Go to Folder > Paste the location in the dialog box like this:

Anshul_Saini_0-1643743865628.png

Also, try running the app in Safe Mode & Root account and share your observations with us.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines