• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Create smooth blend or gradient?

New Here ,
Jan 04, 2022 Jan 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The attached screenshot was drawn line by line and then filled using live paint. It looks like a stepped blend. Is it possible to make an actual smooth blend or gradient that looks like what I show in the attached screenshot? If so, how would you do it? Thanks in advance for any help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a 3-line blend masked in a quarter-circle...

JohnMensinger_0-1641322524731.png

Horizontal line, stroke = 0% K

Diagonal line (45°), stroke = 50%K

Vertical line, stroke = 100% K

JohnMensinger_0-1641322936794.png

Blend > Smooth Color converted to Specified Steps and increased number of steps until miore cleared (on my display around 420 steps).

JohnMensinger_1-1641323053633.png

Mask:

JohnMensinger_2-1641323102158.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Henry,

How about a quarter of a half size circle (half the outer Radius) as a stroked path with a Stroke Weight equalling the Radius and a Gradient along the path?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Henry,

How about a quarter of a half size circle (half the outer Radius) as a stroked path with a Stroke Weight equalling the Radius and a Gradient along the path?

By @Jacob Bugge

Sure, why not?

JohnMensinger_0-1641325434520.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Absolutely

Screenshot 2022-01-04 at 21.36.14.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, John, I was right when I feared I might be too woolly about the halving of the radius to get the spine into the middle and obtain a radar sweep.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2022 Jan 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of these methods worked just great! Thank you all very much! I am new to Illustrator and trying to get up to speed as quickly as possible for a specific project. I will be combining line drawings produced in Autocad with shading produced by Illustrator, and all your suggestions were very helpful in getting me to think more creatively in Illustrator. Best wishes for a healthy and happy 2022!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 05, 2022 Jan 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For my part you are welcome, Henry, and best wishes.

Blends and Gradients are probably the easiest and best ways for your purposes in many cases, some undoubtedly in connexion with Clipping/Opacity Masks and/or Art Brushes as other tools in your box.

You can look further into these and other concepts by Bookmarking and using this empty search (giving you an error, but just insert):

https://helpx.adobe.com/search-results.html?q=&scope=%5B%22helpx%22%5D&subscope=%5B%5D&limit=10&star...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2022 Jan 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much! Best wishes for 2022!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines