Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Created artwork contains lines above some text

New Here ,
Aug 10, 2022 Aug 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

When I create artwork files, the export is including a small white line above the text (in this instance above the name Frank).  It doesn't matter what text I select.  I have attempted numerous settings to remove this without any resolution.  I have attached a photo of the export.

Thank youFrankBooker.jpg

TOPICS
Draw and design , Import and export , Performance , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 10, 2022 Aug 10, 2022

When transparency has been flattened inside Illustrator, then the anti-aliasing setting becomes very important and should be Supersampling. Also when there are patterns in your artwork, Supersampling usually is better

Unless you absolutely need to edit something in a very special way, I would not flatten transparency inside Illustrator. It's not important for exporting to JPEG. And in case you are exporting to PDF, flattening can be done when exporting the PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So the screenshot is from an exported PDF?

Did you flatten transparency? Then that would explain the lines

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for your reply.  The photo is from a JPG export.  I was able to flatten the transparency, but I forgot to select the artwork setting for resolution during export.

Thank you very much for your response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When transparency has been flattened inside Illustrator, then the anti-aliasing setting becomes very important and should be Supersampling. Also when there are patterns in your artwork, Supersampling usually is better

Unless you absolutely need to edit something in a very special way, I would not flatten transparency inside Illustrator. It's not important for exporting to JPEG. And in case you are exporting to PDF, flattening can be done when exporting the PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines