• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating a punch from an extruded 3d object

New Here ,
Sep 14, 2022 Sep 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am using Illustrator to extrude some basic 3d objects, which I then export as .obj which go on to be assembled in Substance 3d Stager.

I am currently working on a model for some tile trim. This trim will be branded and will require a punch repeating along it's base. What would be the best route for this? I am aware that there are not any boolean options at my diposal within Illustrator.

Could I take the extruded model file somewhere else to perfom this task?

Any advice for a willing learner appreciated.

Thnaks in advance.

Benji

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you want to punch through it or do you want to "brand" it.

If the latter, you could try and create a material that has the logo impressed into the surface. You can use Substance Designer for that.

If you want to punch through it, then you might want to take a look at Blender.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Monika,

Thanks for you prompt repsonse. Sorry, I should have been clearer. I would like to punch through it completely.

I have been trying to avoid blender, as I have nautrally navigated my way through the CC products as my job has evolved. If I do not have a choice, then I guess I might have to.

Thanks,

Benji

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines