• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating an obj of curled object

Explorer ,
Dec 08, 2022 Dec 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reckon I have tried every which way to produce a curled effect as shown here (from Adobe Stock) as an example. I've tried spirals, tapered rectangles, blends between two strokes, twist, rotate, extrude etc... The spiral works but I can't create the uneven effects at the top, spiral produces a flat top not twisted. Any suggestion very welcome. Thank you.

TOPICS
Draw and design , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is simply only possible to create a very limited and specific set of 3D objects with Illustrator's 3D tools.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's simple enough in a 3D Program using Twist and Bend deformers. That's basically the answer here. You need to move on to full 3D if you want to create this without working your fingers off. It should still be doable in AI the old-fashioned way, though. You just will have to split up the objects into segments to create the illusion.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, here for example is a simple render from Illustrator. I would use Dimension (until I get the hang of Blender) to build and render the scene from the obj. file exported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines