Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

creating mask with a group of objects

Explorer ,
Mar 27, 2022 Mar 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2022-03-28 at 12.03.20 AM.png

Hello! I would like to know how I can make a mask of multiple objects, in this case, four squares (selected above). I grouped the squares and tried to make a clipping mask, but that did not work out. Do I have to send to back an image for every square mask I want to create? Thank you for your time!

TOPICS
Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 27, 2022 Mar 27, 2022

You can try to first make them into a Compound Path and then use that as Clipping Mask.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can try to first make them into a Compound Path and then use that as Clipping Mask.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried making a compound path, but one of the squares went transparent.. did I do something wrong?

Screen Shot 2022-03-28 at 1.10.33 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think it had something to do with the fact that I used the transform effect under "Distort & Transform" to create the spaced out copies. I remade the grid just using shapes and smart guides and did not see any issues with making a mask. Thank you for your time, I really appreciate it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines