• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

creating simple line drawings that can be animated in after effects- how to do it

Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I know very little about Illustrator. I've downloaded some stock vector illustrations with the idea I could convert them to shape layers in after effects and then "draw" them on via trim paths. But they are apparently compound paths and when they draw on weird things happen where a fill draws on and it's not at all how I envision. Does anyone know a way I can make them as single strokes? Spent the last 2 hours trying/failing and looking for solutions online so thought I'd ask the experts. aka this forum 😉

Attaching image as a png. Thank you.

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could have redrawn them in 2 hours.

So right now, these are compound shapes with no strokes, is that correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you are not proficient with the pen tool or have a graphic tablet to draw those with a stylus, then it will take some time to do. There is no automatic functionality for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines