Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud files corrupted

New Here ,
Aug 09, 2022 Aug 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Schermafbeelding 2022-08-09 125308.png

This is a picture of how a LOT of my files appear on my pc. (some 500+ files) I have tried numerous times to repair them ofcourse, and have searched the internet but apparantly I am the only one with this problem...? I can't believe that, so I am hoping there is somebody here with the answer!

All files suddenly have the Illustrator logo, even when its a Indesign of PDF or whatever. And they are 1 kB, so all content has disappeared. I work with a PC in the office, and on a Mac at home. Maybe it has to do with switching between these two computers? Hope to find an answer here, thank you so much!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 10, 2022 Aug 10, 2022

Hello @LM_gd,

Sorry to hear about this experience. As pointed out by David and Kevin, the files you see are temporary files and not the actual files themselves. It could be possible you have enabled Optimise storage space on your Mac. Kindly check if that's the case and if so, you should be able to retrieve the files from iCloud.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried going to assets.adobe.com and accessing your cloud files from here?

Those are not the original files, they are links to the actual files stored in the cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin, thank you for your help.

I have tried that, but no such luck. The files appear to be equally corrupt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My miss - I didn not notice the "." at the beginning of the file name.

These appear to be temporary files and not the actual documents.

How did you save these to the cloud?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I save them as CC files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strange that they are all ICLOUD bestanden. ICLOUD is an Apple cloud system, not a Creative Cloud system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The period in front of the file indicates it is a normally hidden metadata files that is generated by a Mac system. Usually, the full file is in the same folder. Is it possible the files were moved using a Windows computer and the [normally] hidden files were left behind?

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if that is possible, if that is what happened I have no clue HOW it happened... At home I work on a Mac, and save the files in Creative Cloud Files. In the office I work on windows pc and I have to log out of my Mac (or vice versa, since we can only have 3 computers logged in the Adobe account I share with collega). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 10, 2022 Aug 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @LM_gd,

Sorry to hear about this experience. As pointed out by David and Kevin, the files you see are temporary files and not the actual files themselves. It could be possible you have enabled Optimise storage space on your Mac. Kindly check if that's the case and if so, you should be able to retrieve the files from iCloud.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2022 Aug 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I will check this as soon as possible. Thx!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2022 Aug 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Anubhav, I had enabled this Optimise storage space on my Mac. Logged in on CC and...YES! The temporary files are all gone and have been replaced by the actual files! I can't honestly say I understand what is going on and how I can prevent this from happening again in the future, but I am so glad en relieved to see I have those files again... also hoping the files will also be there on my windows pc in the office on Monday!

Thank you very much for your advice!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines