• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cursor Flickers in Illustrator(2019) when Photoshop is open On Mac Mojave

Explorer ,
Feb 09, 2020 Feb 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this exact issue has been consistant with my experience for the past 5 years or so, has nothing to do with OS, or computer. This needs to get fixed before i get a seizure. 

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you dont fix this issue in next week im done with adobe. i cant take it anymore

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstalling that Lavasoft thing didn't fix it for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i dont even know what lavasoft is nor do i have it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This thread has 140 answers in it - there could be a couple of solutions or directions on how to find this Lavasoft thing. Did you read the thread?

You could also try and contact Customer Care: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes read the thread, my issue doesnt have to do with lavasoft.. there are about 20 other threads unrealated to lavasoft that also address my issue.. there is no sollution.. if i delete everything and reinstall everything it fixes the issue for about a day.. thats the best sollution i have found.. again.. it has nothing to do with the machine or anything i have running.. it has to do with having multiple adobe apps open at the same time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2021 Sep 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just dropping this here to illustrate what he is talking about. Alot of people deal with it. Adobe needs to fix it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXWSy0xFdyc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dear adobe, fix this in the next week or [removed by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is going to fix it I am sure. Stay safe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

its been over 6 years!!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not a general issue, so someone will need to take  look inside your system, as something is conflicting there.

You answered in another thread where the solution was to uninstall Lavasoft web companion. THat did not fix it for you?

And when you exit Photoshop it's gone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have had about 10 different computers over the past 6 years, every single one has this issue, i have wiped hard drives clean and only had adobe.. the issue still is here.. if i am not using other programs in conjunction with photoshop its fine.. but if i use indesign and photoshop crazy flicker.. or photoshop with illustraitor crazy flicker.. i am one of the top creative professionals working on earth, working with the top clients and money is not huge issue.. i just really want to be able to use my mouse.. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i also have no idea what lavasoft is, this issue exists on every single persons machine ive ever used.. i guess most people just are used to it??? but if you have photoshop open at the same time as illustraitor or indesign, the cursor in either of these programs (and sometimes in other programs) flickers to the point it impares the ones ability to work... its not an issue with my machine or my software.. i have not seen a machine where this does not occur 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

also, yes, if i close photoshop, the problem is 100% gone. which is really annoying because i often work using illustraitor, indesign and photoshop, in addition to a bunch of other software open.. its wild because im running a $25,000 mac pro, and paying for the top notch software and i cant get a cursor to work.. to be honest i think CS5 was pretty much the height of adobe products.. it worked fine 10 years ago if i remember correctly.. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are a couple of threads in Uservoice (which is where this needs to be), but they have close to zero answers or votes.

Such as this one:

https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-bugs/suggestions/31215286-flickering-cur...

If you want this fixed, post on Uservoice. The engineers won't see it in this forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a workaround: I have discovered, through reading various fixes for this, that when PS and AI are open at the same time, hiding PS while in Illustrator fixed the problem for me. It's only AI that it flickers, and it does frive one mad. So, hide PS and let us know how that worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry...I see you have already done that. Disregard then

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hiding Photoshop only works for Indesign but not in Illustrator  and meanwhile even not in FIREFOX!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 20, 2021 Jun 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

they havent fixed it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @omegap7,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Would you mind sharing more information about the issue? You may share a small video of the workflow with us for better understanding. Please share version of the OS & Illustrator as well. We'll be happy to look into the details & assist you accordingly.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJzysLNOS2c

it has nothing to do with my system, i have used about 50 computers and it happens in each, but my current specs are

Mac Pro (2019), 

2.5 GHz 28-Core Intel Xeon W,

384 GB 2933 MHz DDR4,

AMD Radeon Pro Vega II Duo 32 GB

the problem is outlined by all the other users here

the curor is unusable in the Adobe program called "InDesign" and the other one called "Illustraitor" when the Adobe program called "Photoshop" is open. Works fine if you close Photoshop, but often times, it is nice to be able to have two adobe programs open at the same time, very wild concept I know but its something some strange people like myself sometimes do. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2022 Jan 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same error on every computer I have owned in the last decade. The only common thing is the Polish system on each of them. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 14, 2022 Oct 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same issue. I have to close PS to stop it, which is annoyting if you are working on an AI file that needs photo adjustments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines