• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cursor Won't Let Go of Bounding Box!

Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2022 Aug 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Occasionally when I select an objects bounding box node to resize it, the cursor will not let go. When I release my finger off of the mouse it does not deselect the bounding box node. I am very confused as to why this is happening. I've been using Illustrator for over 15 years and never had this happen. 🤷🏽‍:female_sign:

TOPICS
Bug , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does Shift Command A deselect work?

Make sure they are compatible with each other.

Illustrator system requirements | earlier releases

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In the past when i've had issues like this in illustrator.. just strange UI quirks that don't make much sense and don't happen entirely predictably or reliably... it's almost always been some third party software running on my computer that caused the issue. For a few months a couple years back i had routine issues with Illustrator's UI while Google Chrome was also running... A tremendous pain as i use both constantly.. Eventually the issue went away, either with a fix from adobe or a fix from google.. i'm not sure which..

Anyway.. Long story short.. Try to identify any other apps that are running that might be interferring.

Try closing EVERYTHING except for illustrator and see if the problem persists. If it goes away... then open all the apps you normally use and see if the issue comes back.. If it does... Systematically close one of those other apps at a time and see if the issue changes or goes away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines