• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Default Document Raster Settings

New Here ,
Oct 27, 2022 Oct 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is Illustrator going to add a document raster effects settings default option of 96dpi?

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 27, 2022 Oct 27, 2022

Document raster export settings have nothing to do with export resolution.

When you want to keep your pixel dimensions, you have to export at 72 ppi. That's hard-wired into Illustrator.

If you insist in exporting at 96 ppi, then you have to do the math first and set up your document in a size that gives you the desired pixel dimensions on export.

I suppose you are exporting for use on the web? resolution doesn't matter for the browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably not. But you can set that up in your own template file or New Document Profile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I did that. If I export you would think it would keep my same pixel artboard size at 96dpi, but it's not. A 640 wide @ 96 pixels document exported out of Illustrator, opens in Photoshop as 854 pixels wide @ 96dpi. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Document raster export settings have nothing to do with export resolution.

When you want to keep your pixel dimensions, you have to export at 72 ppi. That's hard-wired into Illustrator.

If you insist in exporting at 96 ppi, then you have to do the math first and set up your document in a size that gives you the desired pixel dimensions on export.

I suppose you are exporting for use on the web? resolution doesn't matter for the browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Exporting for use in email. I have both settings set up for 96, but Illustrator only likes exporting to it's default settings it seems. I can do the math as you suggest or continue to open in photoshop and adjust settings there.  I appreciate your response. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The document raster effects settings has nothing to do with export resolution, only with the resolution used to calculate raster effects like drop shadows. Changing the export resolution to anything higher than 72 ppi will create more pixels.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And what Monika said.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines