Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Default Save As File Behaviour

New Here ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The default has changed to Cloud instead of on my computer!

Can you change back please? It supposed to work in local as default.

It's a waste of time clicking the button "On your computer" every single time I save any files!

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you click on "Don't show again", then your last chosen setting should stick.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 28, 2021 Nov 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. You may reset Illustrator Preferences (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html). This is will again give you the option to Save on your Computer and Cloud Documents. If you save as Save on your Computer and select, don't show. Then from next time, you will get the local save option only, as @Monika Gause said. I hope it helps!
Disclaimer: Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings, and Illustrator will launch with default settings. You can also take a backup of the folders in case you want to. Location is mentioned in the article.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines