Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Default setting for font replacement

New Here ,
Dec 16, 2022 Dec 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I get files which uses fonts that are not installed on my system. When I open this file, it reports missing fonts which are highlighted. It also says "replaced font with default".

While I want missing font error and highlight, I do not want fonts to be replaced "automatically".

Is there any setting in Illustraor for that?

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Mentor ,
Dec 16, 2022 Dec 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could turn off auto activate Adobe fonts in the File Handling pref, but I don't know if that will help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 24, 2022 Dec 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This may work with Adobe Fonts available online. But what about the non-Adobe fonts.

Besides that I do not wish to change font by default, so I am looking for that kind of setting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the specified font is not available, then Illustrator has to use some font to display the text at all. The only alternative would be that the text is gone or maybe that the file won't be opened.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand that. BUT if for some reason operator "accepts" default replaced font then the artwork will print something that is not desired. Illustrator does flag the error, but human mistake can not be ignored. It costs heavy specifically when you are processing packaging artwork.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are getting a warning.

The text is highlighted in pink. (which is a user preference)

What else would you want? You could install a font manager that automatically loads the font - it still won't be able to search for missing fonts across several websites and then licensing the font in your name. But in order to prevent humand mistakes, education and giving people enough time to handle their tasks would be the only appropriate solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 25, 2022 Dec 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Monika.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines