• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Deleting portions of a live trace vector

New Here ,
Jan 07, 2023 Jan 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I create a vector by doing a live trace, then expand. 

With show transparent background selected I can use the direct selection tool to select the white background around the vector and delete it. However, when I select an area such as the center of a D or a P with the direct selection tool and hit back space, the center of the letter fill with whatever color the letter is rather than showing the transparent background. What am I doing wrong?  Thank you for the help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 07, 2023 Jan 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you trace it? WIth overlapping shapes? In that case you cannot delete the punches, but you need to instead select the outer shape and that punch and then make a compound path (Object > Compound path > Make)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 08, 2023 Jan 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can access the Image Trace settings that Monika mentioned where you can set Abutting which creates cutout paths (as opposed to Overlapping) by going to Window > Image Trace, twirling open Advanced, and setting the Method:

2023-01-08_15-00-43.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines