Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Digitize Drawing

New Here ,
Jan 15, 2022 Jan 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys 

Please can i get some guidance, im new to Adobe....

How do i take a drawing and digitize it.....Export it or save it as 

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What kind of drawing and file is it?

What do you want to do with the drawing? Print it? Use it with a plotter? ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2022 Jan 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i want to use it as a logo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once you scan it in and bring it into Illustrator, go to Object>Image Trace. Or it might be active when you select your image on the options bar. Since this is a pretty clean image, it might trace well immediately. Or on the option bar, there is a little place next to default that you can click to bring up options. There you can pick from various modes that may work better rather than the defaults, like Black and white logo. You may also want to expand Advanced and under the options there ignore the white.

Once you have vectorized the file, you can do a file save or you have various options depending on what you want to do with it. Save as a PDF for example, export as a png. If you tell us what you want to do, we can give you more guidance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 16, 2022 Jan 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rodwin, Hi.

If your ONLY interest here is to vectorize, a ROUGH sketch scan, and have a trasparent background, then Image trace will get you there.

Warning, it will create a billion anchors.

You mentioned you are new to Adobe.

For this kind of work, Illustrator certainly is the right application to use.

For members here to help you better, please tell us more.

Here, I recreated using your sketch as a guide,

Not difficult and not a one trick pony, just basic knowledge of Illustrator in general.

K

Screen vector .png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks so much appreciate it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 16, 2022 Jan 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rodwin,

In addition to what k said without actually mentioning the Pen Tool, I would also suggest your using it.

In this case, you can choose a full recreation of the asymmetry and (Pen) trace each, or you can choose either or combine parts from both and reflect for symmetry, or anything in between.

And whichever of those ways you can choose to follow the actual shape(s) more or less strictly/loosely, including the (variations in the) thickness of parts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

will do thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For my part you are welcome, Rodwin, and I for one hope that you will share your findings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thanks will do....appreciate your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines