• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Distressed Logo Help

Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2022 Jan 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im making a few changes to an old AI file, ive gone through every layer and none have a transparency mask applied to them, yet the whole image is distressed, even if I add new things, so I somehow set it up like a group/transparency mask back in the day but I cannot figure out how I did it.

SO the question is, is there another way to distress an image that I cant find on google anymore because everyone does it through the group/transparency mask now?

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 28, 2022 Jan 28, 2022

BioFUSION,

You could try to go through the objects (my guess is that you use the term layer for object) and see what turn up in the Appearence panel.

One or more screenshots with selected artwork and also the (expanded) Layers panel snd Appearance panel might help helpers help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The layer is underlined, like it has a clipping mask applied, cant figure out how to remove it... the obvious way does not work, release is greyed out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A screen grab would help. You say the image is distressed but you don’t say how. My guess is you have pixel preview turned on, which will treat the entire illustrator like a 72 ppi raster image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BioFUSION,

You could try to go through the objects (my guess is that you use the term layer for object) and see what turn up in the Appearence panel.

One or more screenshots with selected artwork and also the (expanded) Layers panel snd Appearance panel might help helpers help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WTF! I dont what I just did but I was getting ready to take screen shots, opened the transparency panel, and suddenly it was there. You are right, I said layer when I should say object. I checked each object individually, I checked the group, nothing was there, now poof there it is. Thanks for attempting to help, that was freaking weird.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For my part you are welcome, BioFUSION.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines