• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Divine object below not working

New Here ,
Dec 05, 2022 Dec 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, for some reason my object -> path -> devine object below doesn't work as it should.

It seems like it devides objects to two pieces but it doesn't separate them. If I try to move one side the other one is following too. I have watched tutorials, selected just the object that should devide, changed the line so that there is or isn't fill color etc. Nothing works. My object was a jpg which I first vectorized with image trace. I don't know if that has something to do with the problem but I then also tried to draw a simple square and divide that but it doesn't work with that one either.

Could someone help me please?

TOPICS
Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you expand the image trace before trying to divide it? Did you only select a single object above what you are trying to devide?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Veera,

"It seems like it devides objects to two pieces but it doesn't separate them. If I try to move one side the other one is following too."

What is shown in the expanded Layer in the Layers panel?

It ough to be two paths, at least for the square, if the line reaches or passes the outer bounds of the object to divide.

If it is the tiniest bit short of reaching one of the outer bounds, you will have one closed path with an inner part going back and forth along the former line, and the corresponding number of Anchor Points.

If the Layer shows a Group of two objects, which will move together if you ClickDrag one (unless you do it in a special way with the Direct Selection Tool), something is wrong somewhere, and you may consider correuption of the document or the preferences.

Or maybe it is really divine and moves in mysterious ways; sorry, it was stronger than I.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines